Sunday, May 12, 2013

Post Antique Fair Finds-Strange Animals

With the Summer months approaching it can mean only one thing....Antique Fair Time!!! I love a good antique/flea/craft market. It also means that I can share my strange finds with all of you!

It seems like there are always some creepy animal type things...


I am always amazed at the amount of Salt and Pepper Shakers that can be found. They come in all shapes and sizes and the collections always take up at least a shelf or two in every booth. If you've been to my Etsy Store you may have noticed I have a thing for animals with rhinestone eyes. However, my button animals are cute and these cats are kind of creepy with their expressionless eyes. Plus, Siamese cats just bring to mind "Lady and the Tramp".





Possibly the oddest assortment of figures : duck, elephant/ wooly mammoth, poodle, squirrel. At least the squirrel and the cat get green eyes. The poodle looks angry/ possessed and may just go all Cujo on you when you bring it home. Not to mention how out of scale these are! The cat looks sad and the squirrel is either screaming/ surprised or is staring into some pretty car headlights. 




No comments:

Post a Comment