Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dispatches From the Fair-Bell Jars



So, I am going to mix things up a bit and I will try to bring you a quirky flea/ antique find every Sunday. 
   This one comes from the Elkhorn Antique Market in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. 
  There is something both disturbing and beautiful about this. I don't know why, but bell jars seem to be popping up everywhere. I saw some last week at a fair placed on top of flat slices of tree trunks. This looks to be a bell jar on a candle holder. I also saw bell jars on top of hand mirrors. You place something under them and they taken on a precious quality. 
   I tend to feel the same way about doll parts as I do about clown pieces. They creep me out; especially when the doll is missing eyes. Watch this Brothers Quay film and you'll understand (I hope). 
   Poor Miss Pearl. I bet she just really wants a body and a little girl to love her instead of being trapped under glass. Any thoughts dear readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment