Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mastering the Art of French Cooking

   I just finished reading "As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis Devoto" Edited by Joan Reardon.  Most of you should know by now that I love a good book of other people's letters. Its not the voyeurism part; it the history and the nostalgia. It's why I joined Postcrossing and LWA, why I did Letter Writing Month. Its so that someday I can find that perfect pen pal friendship that blossoms. And, for purely selfish reasons so that when I am a big and famous whatever my letters will be published in a book as well.
   Who wants to read the e-mails of President Obama or the tweets of Damien Hirst? Boring reading if you ask me. Nothing personal about that.
   I have decided to try a once a week book feature that ties in with an Etsy treasury. So here is this week's.



Julia and Avis Master the Art of French Cooking

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment