Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Pleasure to......

   With book big box stores closing left and right, E-books trying to mindlessly take over the world and e-commerce on the up and up, it is about time for the local book store to reign supreme.
   If you happen to be in Bucktown, stop on by Myopic Books. It looks like a small, used book store...but we all know never to judge a book by its' cover, don't we???
   Downstairs, upstairs, down the upstairs, shelves and stacks and stacks of shelves! Where to begin, what to buy? I had to limit a purchase to one item, otherwise I would end up needing to put in another bookcase at home. And I just re-organized my books by height ("The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and my Taschen "Tattoo" book ended up together and Burroughs can hand out with Hunter S. Thompson)
   But, on to my lone purchase!
"Water water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

  With e-books climbing in price, why not visit your local store and grab a *real* book? Nothing beats paper, a glossy cover (or....mmmmm...leather) and our personal great book find...notes in the margins!




No comments:

Post a Comment