Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bionic Eyes Sound Cool.....

   So, new broke earlier about Viritual Reality Contact Lenses. A company called Innovega worked with DARPA to make a "lifestyle interface". The deal is you put in contact lenses and a pair of glasses and BAM! You look at a person and you can see their name, Facebook profile, work history and even translate what they are saying into your language.
   Innovega is hoping to use this to further augmented reality, which seems to be the future of advertising and all human interaction. I'll take real reality thank you very much. So, you can try on sunglasses virtually with augmented reality in the store, but this doesn't tell you how they feel. If I do that with a pair of jeans, it's laughable since on average I find one pair out of 100 that I try on that actually fits me.
   The hope out of this contact lens/glasses combo is that you'll be able to function just like the machines in The Terminator. You'll pull up information, see reviews on restaurants and stores (including what your friends think) and you could even use them for GPS navigation.
   I don't know about you, but I have enough information zipping through my brain without adding anything else. Also, in a world of reviews and trending, it's nice to just stumble upon a place. What do you think Robert Frost would think of Virtual Reality eyewear for his travels? "I shall be telling this with a sigh/ Somewhere ages and ages hence/ Two roads diverged in a wood, and I/ I took the one less travels by/ And that has made all the difference. "
 

No comments:

Post a Comment