Sunday, June 8, 2014

Garden Inspiration for a New Scarf

The garden is blooming and so is my inspiration. I love, love, LOVE Foxglove. Bell shaped flowers and vivid colors that last only a little while. So, its a little toxic....its damn pretty and I don't go and eat the flowers in my garden (vegetables and fruit yes....flowers, not so much..).

    I have some hand dyed scarves on my Etsy store that are inspired by various butterflies. I even had a scarf that I dyed using real acorn caps! Why not do a series of scarves inspired by flowers then?
    I already know what I am going to do. Dip dye the scarf so it is white in the center and purple radiating out. I will hand knot and use beads to make the dot pattern in the center and dip dye again. I am really excited about this and hope that it will turn out just like I am imagining. If all goes well, you can all look forward to some really cool flower, not flowery scarves! And its radiant orchid too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment