Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dr. Horribles Never Ending Knits

    About a year ago I checked I really cool book from the library, Knits for Nerds and horribly failed at knitting "Stash Bunny"- he looked like some horrible bunny-grelim hybrid that is so embarrassing I  have him hidden in a bin of easter items that never sees the sun.
   I did successfully knit (finally) Penny's wristlets from "Dr. Horribles Sing Along Blog". I breezed through the stripe pattern and the evil seed stitch (k, p, k, p.....bah) and then didn't have the blasted double pointed needles to turn the thumbs. Finally bought those at the beginning of the year (New Years resolution- finish all the hibernating projects) and then all I needed was buttons. 24 super cool 1/2" buttons.
  A visit to the Button Room at the "Mystache" event this weekend and I found 35 hand dyed neon pink mother of pearl buttons from the 1940's. All of them for $7- you can't buy new buttons for that price. I sewed them all on last night and then basked in the awesomeness of my new wristlets....Now I just need warmer weather to wear them!




No comments:

Post a Comment