Saturday, February 9, 2013

Winter Storms

   When did the National Weather Forecast begin naming winter storms??? It reminds me of Lewis Black's routine about why they don't name tornados and how they shouldn't name hurricanes and use the time they spend naming storms to better understand the weather....
   Anyway, dear friends out east, I hope you are all safe and snug with power and some hot cocoa with tiny marshmallows in it. We Midwesterners got the storm first, just to get things straight. And when we got it the weather the fools at the weather center said to expect 1-3 inches of snow. We got 19 inches of snow. You do the math.
   After a harrowing 3 hour commute home (no shutting down here) I was more than happy to enjoy the snow the way it should be enjoyed. Mainly, by not driving in it. I took my snow shoes for a spin and tried snow dyeing a scarf (post to come).
   So, I hope everyone is toasty and snug, here are some of my pictures of the storm, anyone want to share theirs?

A strange visitor indeed...

Bushes thick with snow

Here birdie, birdie....


No comments:

Post a Comment